Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mar 18, 2010

The garden is officially turned over!! Woo hoo!!! We need to bring in more compost and augmentation to the actual garden again this year, the top layer of soil was very rich and black but its still quite sandy underneath. I'd love to have a truck load of black compost brought in - and if its cheaper we'll prob do just that, borrow the truck and get a load.

We're also going to need a lot of augmentation for the front yard. Sigh, its a LOT of work!!! It'll be wonderful once all the unfun manual labor is done, until then it remains a drag LOL.

Seeds have not been started yet, I'm a slacker. I want to document their growing stats per seed variety, so I have a record of what I'm growing as well as what to expect. My starter green house has room for 72 seedlings. I have a feeling I'm going to need a 2nd one of these!!!! However do I have room for all this greatness? I don't know...time will tell!

Lots of worms in the garden this year, that's a great sign!!! And no signs of cocoons from the dreaded tomato hornworm, thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment